2014 and 2015

2014 and 2015

Hey Red Impact!

2014 is over and a lot of stuff happened.
      Our small Gaming Community is now 1 1/2 years old and turned into a more or less Multigaming community. From Planetside 2, ArcheAge over to LoL and CS:GO and BF3/4 we got members of the community everywhere, not always as present as we were and still are in Planetside 2, but still a good place if you look for a place to find proper Teamplay and a dedicated Team in the game you like to play. Our Community had and has players from all over the world, mainly of course from the EU, since it's our maim timezone we all play in, but from Australia over to Isreal into the US, we are very international. We had players from Brazil and India, even South Africa for a while! (Sometimes I think someone should make a study about international MMO gaming guilds, I am again and again surprised how games manage to bring people together from so different backgrounds, that it would never happen any other activity)

In 2015 we have a Meeting planed which is going happen @ Gamescom more details can be found in a Forum thread from "RJCody".
      redimpact.org/index.php/Thread/153

But let's look back on 2014.

(I am horrible in writing these kind of recaps but what ever I try my best)

2014 started good, nearly on new year we hit the 300 Members mark and had already done on of our biggest OPs in PS2 (10 full Squads, during a Tech Plant Alert which we ended with 5 of 7 Tech Planets and getting the 6 of 7 5mins after Alert end in the middle from a VS NC fight. Hvar Tech Planet it was, we had the Canyon Warpgate....I remember this kind of stuff . . .(but answers for exams I don't).

In 2014 Serversmash got invented and Red Impact was playing in these matches right from the start.
      We grew a lot over the year, got a lot of good players and leaders, some left some stayed...the typcial fast living gaming world.
      RiMG turned 1 year old and we reached our peak in Members at 600, nearly 500 Members only every week 200-300 on daily base, it was a great time.
      At this point I done over 2000 hours of platoon leading.

Cobalt got merged with Ceres...the Server turned into quite a clusterfuck...everything got a bit messy around this time, but we still had great battles and impact on the continents we fought on. But over time we had to jump and look more and more for proper enemies, because only a very few allainces/outfits were able to battle a 48-70+ strong force organized by good SLs and a lot of good players, so we didn't had to spread over 10 different bases and never actually fight together.

Sadly I got kind of burned out from Planetside, the game and community change in my opinions towards the bad. The Development focused on something which was leading further away from where PS2 had some much potential. But many players of us still any enjoy the game and I don't want to ruin the game for you with my opinion about it, so enough of this->

After a few change in Leadership over the past 2-3 month W0rTax is in lead of the PS2 Division.

Also a kind of decently active game of RiMG was ArcheAge in 2014.
      Few of us played already the Alpha/Beta and the original plan was to be together with Chimera on 1 Server...got a bit messed up they landed on Eanna and we were on Dahuta...at least the same Auctionhouse Cluster ;).

ArcheAge has also a lot of potential and we had some acivity in there, ofc you can't compare it to PS2 and I never see it going there, the game as similar problems like PS2. The game is for some and for me personally still a lot of fun to play, but it's not more than a filler when Star Citizen hits. We still have some players active in AA and welcome everybody who wants to try it out, just be warned its a Korean MMORPG, so it takes a while to get the gear and lvl you need to compete and it requires a good acitivty.

Star Citizen! Our soon to be main focus for 2015/2016.
      The actual release of the full game is set or early 2016, so still 1 year away, but as we learned from ArcheAge, a good Beta is very important to have a good start into the full released game.
      The persitent universe beta later this year, as well as the already accessable Arena Commander, where you can learn to fly and the soon released FPS Module to train for fights inside the spaceships are a important points this year.

If you are interested in more just check out the Star Citizen subforum in the Red Impact category here on the forum, if you want to join the (at one point finished) Organizationpage is here: robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/redimpact

For our Planetside 2 Section, (I probably going to handle this in another thread) I still have a few "Planetside 2: First Recruit Bundle" so if you want to have any of these, I am going give them away somewhere here on the Forum, so check it out the next few days, if you don't want to miss them.

Best wishes for 2015! and thanks to all RiMG Members which went with us a Team through all the ups and downs we had this year, hope we can rock next year a whole universe and not just 1 planet.

:thumbup: ~SR

Red Impact Founder